By popular demand, this year’s junior football tournament has been opened up to pupils from any one of the 10 Lune Valley Primary Schools.
Initial details of the competition are as follows:
- The event is organised by Wray’s Scarecrow Committee. It will be run by a qualified football coach and first aider, cleared to work with children.
- It is open to pupils in years 4 – 6, both boys and girls, at one of the 10 Lune Valley Primary Schools.
- All children are welcome to enter, whatever their footballing ability. There’s no charge to enter the competition, though players must provide their own kit including football boots (the tournament will be played on grass).
- The competition will not be schools’ based; pupils will take part in an initial coaching/assessment session, after which teams will be selected from all entrants to ensure a cross section of ages, sizes, gender and ability.
- The competition will be held in Wray and run over two days:
Sunday 5th May 2019 (PM):
Initial coaching/assessment session, when all teams will play the first round of the competition.
Monday 6th May 2019 (PM):
The winning and runner up teams will go forward to play in a ‘final’ in the early afternoon on Wray Fair Day. This will be included in the programme for the day and held in the Fair arena, so a large crowd of spectators is expected.
- All those taking part will get a certificate, members of the teams in the final a ‘Scarecrow Festival’ medal and names of winning team members will be added to the competition trophy.
- One of my helpers, John Gordon, will be happy to answer any queries; you can email him at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07799 624518.
- Places are limited, so please send your completed entry form by Friday 5th April 2019.
- You can do this by either completing & sending the 190327 Football Entry Form to me, or emailing your details to email@example.com