Many of you will have participated in our attempt to gain the Guinness World Record
More than 250 people took part – the minimum required by Guinness
Unfortunately, Guinness adjudicated that too many of us did not satisfy their very strict dress code
They have therefore denied us the record and we are obviously very disappointed about this
But, we hope to go for another Guinness World Record at some point in the future.
Friday 4th May 2018:
- We are attempting to create a new, official Guinness World Record:
- “Largest gathering of people dressed as scarecrows”
- Independent judging starts immediately after Giant’s Parade (around 6.30pm)
- Important: To qualify to be a record-breaker, you must wear the full scarecrow costume.
- As stipulated by the Guinness World Record adjudicators, you must wear:
1) A straw or cloth hat
2) Straw hair
3) Long-sleeved top and trousers covered with patches – straw must stick out from hand and feet holes
4) A scarecrow mask or face painted like a scarecrow
- Any individuals which do not fulfill all 4 criteria will be disqualified
- Check back to this website for further information in case guidelines change.
BREAKING NEWS: We did it! 293 people dressed as scarecrows. If this is verified by Guinness World Records, all of us will be Record Breakers
Here is a video of how to dress like an official Scarecrow: